Legal Information v. Legal Advice: "Can and Cannot" Materials
The SRLN Administrative Office of the Courts working group collected resources from court systems throughout the country that are used to provide guidance to court personnel about how they should assist the public. Here is a selection of "Can and Cannot" materials:
- How can I Best Assist Self-Represented Litigants? Quick Reference Card (Attached)
- Available Assistance to Court Patrons: How can Court Personnel Help You? (Attached)
- Alaska: Understanding the Difference Chart (Attached)
- California: List of things court staff can and cannot do. Poster.
- Maryland: Can We Help You? Desk card and Poster