NOTE: This video can be viewed at any time by registering at the link below.
The Self-Represented Litigation Network (SRLN) is hosting this Webinar to share the story of how The Florida Bar Foundation used geographic information systems (GIS) technology and strategic messaging to inform and engage decision makers as part of ABA Day in Washington. Speakers will run through their analysis, present their findings, and share some tips on how to engage in your own analysis and why data and location matter for the access-to-justice community.
Nancy Kinnally, Director of Communications, The Florida Bar Foundation
Chuck Hays, Director of Information Technology, The Florida Bar Foundation
Jim Kowalski, President and CEO, Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
Alison Davis-Holland, GIS/Data Manager, SRLN
Camille Ward, Communications Associate, Voices for Civil Justice
Attendees will be able to:
- Learn why GIS and mapping are essential components of an organization's strategy for communication, collaboration, partnerships, decision making, evaluation, advocacy, and planning
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of using GIS to inform decision makers
- Understand key data elements to collect to better understand who you serve
- Learn about resources for free data including those on demographics and technology access
- Connect to the GIS for Justice community for ongoing support and collaboration
About SRLN GIS
Visit SRLN's Map Gallery for more examples of our GIS story maps, apps, and map products. For more information, email SRLN GIS/Data Manager Alison Davis-Holland at [email protected].